Here you will find New Member Application Forms for Shops, Suppliers and DSRs (Direct Sourcing Retailers) with relevant notes underneath each type of application form, the WFTO 10 principles of Fair Trade, our Current Fee Table, then other documents such as current BAFTS’ Trails, Links with other Organisations, and lists of our Shops, Suppliers and DSRs. You will also find the BAFTS’ Code of Conduct. Resources will be updated at regular intervals.
1) New Member Application Form for Shops, and Notes on Shop Application (separate PDF)
2) New Member Application Form for Suppliers, and Notes on Supplier Application (separate PDF)
3) New Member Application Form for DSRs, and Notes on DSR Application (separate PDF)
4) WFTO Ten Principles of Fair Trade
5) Current Fee Table
6) BAFTS’ Code of Conduct
7) BAFTS’ Trail for Autumn Fair @NEC Birmingham, 7-10th September 2014
Here is a link to our Trail of all BAFTS’ suppliers who are exhibiting at Autumn Fair at the NEC Birmingham, in Hall and Stand Order. It is a downloadable PDF document. There are twenty-three suppliers all in all, and they are spread around various Halls, so please plan your day carefully, as there is usually a lot of walking around involved. It would be wonderful if as many of our shops could show support as possible, by attending on one of the days.
8) BAFTS’ Trail for Top Drawer, London, Trade Fair, 14-16 September 2014
Here is the downloadable PDF of the BAFTS’ Trail for Top Drawer Autumn 2014, with eight of our members attending.
9) Links with other organisations
BAFTS is pleased to work with like-minded organisations at international, national, regional and local levels. The attached document outlines some of the organisations with whom we work on a regular basis, gives a snapshot of what they do, and provides hyperlinks through to their websites. These include WFTO, The Fairtrade Foundation, Fair Trade Wales, Scottish Fair Trade Forum, The Fair Trade Advocacy Office, The Trade Justice Movement, Fairtrade Yorkshire and Shared Interest.
10) List of BAFTS’ DSRs (Direct Sourcing Retailers)
This is the current list of DSRs as a downloadable PDF. It lists name of business, location and countries from which they import.
11) List of BAFTS’ Shop Members
This is the current list of shop members, which lists name, location and a short paragraph of information about each one.
12) List of BAFTS’ Suppliers
13) BAFTS’ information sheet, to download and explain about BAFTS
15) Equal Exchange (US) Comic Book “The History Of Authentic Fair Trade”
This is an excellent new resource (July 2014) from Equal Exchange US and is US-focussed, but has relevance to the UK. As the Equal Exchange US website states: ” In comic book format, we present a version of Fair Trade that is shared by many Equal Exchange colleagues, allies, and partners. We hope that by presenting this material in this way, with heroes and villains, and condensed stories, it will pique the reader’s curiosity so that she will dig deeper, ask questions, and ultimately make a conscious decision about where she stands in relation to small farmers, co-operatives, and democratic movements, as well as corporations, certifying agencies, and alternative trade organizations.” You can read the comic book on http://www.equalexchange.coop/comicbook , download it, order hard copies or read it in Spanish as well!