Here you will find New Member Application Form for Shops, Suppliers and DSRs (Direct Sourcing Retailers),the WFTO 10 principles of Fair Trade, our Current Fee Table, then other documents such as current BAFTS’ Trails, Links with other Organisations, and lists of our Shops, Suppliers and DSRs. You will also find the BAFTS’ Code of Conduct. Resources will be updated at regular intervals. Renewals forms are found in the Member Resources, after log-in.
1) bafts-new-amalgamated-form-2017 (For Shops, Suppliers and DSRs – the BAFTS’ Panel will assess your application and place you in the most appropriate category)
2) WFTO Ten Principles of Fair Trade
3) Current Fee Table (for renewing members until end 2016)
4) BAFTS’ Code of Conduct
5) Links with other organisations
BAFTS is pleased to work with like-minded organisations at international, national, regional and local levels. The attached document outlines some of the organisations with whom we work on a regular basis, gives a snapshot of what they do, and provides hyperlinks through to their websites. These include WFTO, The Fairtrade Foundation, Fair Trade Wales, Scottish Fair Trade Forum, The Fair Trade Advocacy Office, The Trade Justice Movement, Fairtrade Yorkshire and Shared Interest.
6) List of BAFTS’ DSRs (Direct Sourcing Retailers)
This is the current list of DSRs as a downloadable PDF. It lists name of business, location and countries from which they import. BAFTS’ members can ask for an Excel document of Suppliers who have agreed to share their emails, to be sent out via email.
7a) List of BAFTS’ Shop Members
This is the current list of shop members, which lists name, location and a short paragraph of information about each one. BAFTS’ members can ask for an Excel document of Shops who have agreed to share their emails, to be sent out via email.
7b) List of physical BAFTS’ shops
8) List of BAFTS’ Suppliers BAFTS’ members can ask for an Excel document of Suppliers or DSRs who have agreed to share their emails, to be sent out via email.
9) BAFTS’ information sheet, to download and explain about BAFTS
12) Equal Exchange (US) Comic Book “The History Of Authentic Fair Trade”
This is an excellent new resource (July 2014) from Equal Exchange US and is US-focussed, but has relevance to the UK. As the Equal Exchange US website states: ” In comic book format, we present a version of Fair Trade that is shared by many Equal Exchange colleagues, allies, and partners. We hope that by presenting this material in this way, with heroes and villains, and condensed stories, it will pique the reader’s curiosity so that she will dig deeper, ask questions, and ultimately make a conscious decision about where she stands in relation to small farmers, co-operatives, and democratic movements, as well as corporations, certifying agencies, and alternative trade organizations.” You can read the comic book on http://www.equalexchange.coop/comicbook , download it, order hard copies or read it in Spanish as well!