What information do we collect?
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
1. Information about your visits to and use of this website;
2. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering to our website services and/or email notifications.
Information about website visits
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
This website contains a contact form. This can be used to send enquiries and (personal) information to BAFTS.
Using your personal data
1. Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
2. Send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by post or by email or similar technology;
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
1. To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
3. In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
Any personal information you supply to us will not be retained for longer than necessary.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted.
You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
You can contact us anytime to change or update the details we hold. You can
obtain a copy of your record (this is known as Subject Access Request. If you would like to
access your personal data held by BAFTS please apply in
writing to the Data Protection Officer at the address below.
You can also use the consent withdrawal page on this website to change your preferences or to request that your personal information be deleted.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
Kathryn Sygrove, Data Protection Officer;
British Association for Fair Trade Shops and Suppliers
Gateway World Shop
County Durham DH1 3NJ.