Here you will find our One New Member Application Form for Shops, Suppliers and DSRs (Direct Sourcing Retailers), the WFTO 10 principles of Fair Trade, other documents such as current BAFTS’ Trails, Links with other Organisations, and lists of our Shops, Suppliers and DSRs. You will also find the BAFTS’ Code of Conduct. Resources will be updated at regular intervals. Renewals forms are found in the Member Resources, after log-in.
March 2018: BAFTS added its logo and support to the Briefing by Trade Justice Movement calling for democracy and transparency in the Uk Trade Bill. Read the briefing TJM_TradeBillConstitutionalImplications_2018_web
1) (For Shops, Suppliers and DSRs:- the BAFTS’ Panel will assess your application and place you in the most appropriate category. NB We usually only accept applications if you have been trading for more than a year) BAFTS-NEW APPLICATION FORM 2018
2) WFTO Ten Principles of Fair Trade
3) BAFTS’ Code of Conduct: a step by step procedure for Members or non-members who have a formal complaint against one of our members (requires permission to reveal the nature of the complaint to the member).
5) Links with other organisations
BAFTS is pleased to work with like-minded organisations at international, national, regional and local levels. The attached document outlines some of the organisations with whom we work on a regular basis, gives a snapshot of what they do, and provides hyperlinks through to their websites. These include WFTO, The Fairtrade Foundation, Fair Trade Wales, Scottish Fair Trade Forum, The Fair Trade Advocacy Office, The Trade Justice Movement, Fairtrade Yorkshire and Shared Interest.
6) A-Z List of BAFTS’ Shop Members, incl. physical shops, online shops and DRSs
Current list of shop members, incl. physical, online shops, Associate Members & Direct Sourcing Retailers (DSRS). BAFTS members can request a Spreadsheet of Shops/DSRs who’ve agreed to share their email addresses to be sent.
7) A-Z List of BAFTS’ Suppliers and websites BAFTS Suppliers 15.11.2018
8) A-Z of all members BAFTS members Full A-Z 15.11.2018
9) BAFTS’ Memorandum and Articles of Association. The articles were amended following a Resolution passed at our 2017 AGM on 22.5.2017, whereby the length of time after which an organisation’s membership is lapsed is reduced from three months to six weeks. This applies to a first period of six weeks after the member renewal due date in which to submit their Renewal application, and a further six weeks after an invoice has been issued to pay their membership fee.
12) BAFTS Fairtrade – May 2017 (3) leaflet explaining the differences between Fairtrade, fair trade and conventional trade.