Here you will find our One New Member Application Form for Shops, Suppliers and DSRs (Direct Sourcing Retailers), the WFTO 10 principles of Fair Trade, other documents such as current BAFTS’ Trails, Links with other Organisations, and lists of our Shops, Suppliers and DSRs. You will also find the BAFTS’ Code of Conduct. Resources will be updated at regular intervals. Renewals forms are found in the Member Resources, after log-in.
March 2018: BAFTS has added its logo and support to the Briefing prepared by Trade Justice Movement calling for democracy and transparency in the Uk Trade Bill. Read the briefing TJM_TradeBillConstitutionalImplications_2018_web
1) (For Shops, Suppliers and DSRs – the BAFTS’ Panel will assess your application and place you in the most appropriate category) BAFTS-NEW APPLICATION FORM 2018
2) WFTO Ten Principles of Fair Trade
3) BAFTS’ Code of Conduct
4) Links with other organisations
BAFTS is pleased to work with like-minded organisations at international, national, regional and local levels. The attached document outlines some of the organisations with whom we work on a regular basis, gives a snapshot of what they do, and provides hyperlinks through to their websites. These include WFTO, The Fairtrade Foundation, Fair Trade Wales, Scottish Fair Trade Forum, The Fair Trade Advocacy Office, The Trade Justice Movement, Fairtrade Yorkshire and Shared Interest.
5) List of BAFTS’ DSRs (Direct Sourcing Retailers)
This is the current list of DSRs as a downloadable PDF. It lists name of business, location and countries from which they import. BAFTS’ members can ask for an Excel document of DSRs who have agreed to share their emails, to be sent out via email.
6) List of BAFTS’ Shop Members and Physical shops (merged)
This is the current list of shop members, which lists name, location and a short paragraph of information about each one. BAFTS’ members can ask for an Excel document of Shops who have agreed to share their emails, to be sent out via email.
7) List of BAFTS’ Suppliers BAFTS’ members can ask for an Excel document of Suppliers or DSRs who have agreed to share their emails, to be sent out via email.
8) BAFTS’ Memorandum and Articles of Association. The articles were amended following a Resolution passed at our 2017 AGM on 22.5.2017, whereby the length of time after which an organisation’s membership is lapsed is reduced from three months to six weeks. This applies to a first period of six weeks after the member renewal due date in which to submit their Renewal application, and a further six weeks after an invoice has been issued to pay their membership fee.
11) BAFTS Fairtrade – May 2017 (3) leaflet explaining the differences between Fairtrade, fair trade and conventional trade.